Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Removing a pine tree

My fascination with mini-cameras persists. Below are two videos of a crew removing a pine tree in England. the helmet cam is worn by the person who climbs the tree. On the way up, with two chainsaws hanging from his belt, he cuts away the branches. On the way down he lops off sections of the trunk. An interesting process.

It looks like dangerous work -- hanging from a rope, balancing on branches and reaching to saw off things. I wonder what part of my body I would saw off first if I tried it? 


4 comments:

KurtP said...

That looks like fun.
I wish I would have known about those kind of jobs when I got out.

ambisinistral said...

I probably shouldn't admit this, but it is more likely i would be playing a cabbage in a veggie orchestra than climbing a tree with a chainsaw.

frankle said...

I think trees are very important rule in over life .So government should strictly action, if any where removing the trees with out permission concern department. tree removal Sydney

Anonymous said...

For removal of Pine tree i personally recommend that one should select Tree removal birmingham for efficient and safe removal of tree in birmingham