Saturday, February 09, 2008

Washington Democratic Caucus—First Results

This just in.

Upon moving to Washington State I registered as an Independent. However, resolved to do my part to end the unending war between the Hippies/Vampires (Hillary) and the Werewolf/Frat Boys (W), I decided to walk over a few blocks and vote for Obama as a Democrat.

Alas, I arrived too late.

A couple of hours later I ran into a local Democratic party organizer wearing an Obama button. I asked her how things were going. She said she had come to Redmond to help with the counting of this (Eastside) Congressional District and that Obama was winning overwhelmingly all over the district.

That's good. I still have the audacity to hope that I will have the chance to vote for Obama in the Fall. I think it will come down to Obama's appeal in Texas and Ohio, which at this point is too uncertain for me to call, one way or the other.

8 comments:

chuck said...

Ooh, now you're asking for trouble ;)

MeaninglessHotAir said...

Well, I asked for trouble, but I couldn't get any! Guess the blog's deader than I thought.

ambisinistral said...

Well, the comments are slow. I think we made a bit of a mistake when we whacked too many trolls back in the day.

Oddly enough, we're doing better traffic-wise today. Some sort of a blog aggregator has picked us up and we're getting traffic from the CNN website of all places.

Next time mean-mouthed Ron Paul, that will bring them in from out of the woodwork.

Anonymous said...

No MHA, we just didn't take the obvious, dangling bait. :O)

glasater said...

You cannot register as an Independant you YO YO. I've been a deputy registrar in Walla Walla County for decades and we don't do it here. Enlighten me if King County does that sort of thing.

Anonymous said...

Well, yes, that too.

MeaninglessHotAir said...

Glasater,

You are absolutely right, I misspoke. I should have said something along the lines of "I asserted my status as an Independent each time the subject arose, including a time or two with some clerk who was asking me questions."

Skook,

The problem is, we all know each other too well. Thanks for your advice about driving to Woodinville, that was good. You still owe me a chance to buy you a coffee.

Anonymous said...

MHA:

Anytime.