Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Say what?!?

This morning was, to my way of seeing things, a glorious morning. It was stiflingly humid and not the least bit comfortable for the morning stroll. But who cares? There, up in the sky, was not Superman or a plane or even a bird. What was up there was three osprey: Momma, Poppa, and Ospring One.

They were conducting wonderous flying demos for Ospring Two. Sweeping loops, hovers, and landings. While one performed a demo the others would sit in nearby towers. Two just sat there, occasionally flapping his wings, apparently wishing they'd cut the crap and just bring another fish.

I could almost hear the tyke squawking, "You want me to do what?!? Why on earth would I want to jump out of a perfectly good 180 ft. tower? You have noticed the turkey vultures hanging around, haven't you? You do understand they're here for good reason?"

It's a shame work has to interfere. I'd have gladly stayed and waited until the Great Leap Earthward happened.

I'm embarrassed that I had such little faith in Momma and Pappa's ability to bring forth a couple (at least) flegdlings despite the whacky spring weather.

3 comments:

buddy larsen said...

CONGRATulations, uncle Knuck!

Knucklehead said...

Thanks, Buddy. I'm so proud of 'em I could burst!

buddy larsen said...

Knuck and a couple of the neighbors